What is a “custom home”?
A custom home is one that is completely personalized by the homeowner to reflect their own personal taste and lifestyle.
The mark of a Flair Builders custom home is its exceptional attention to detail, superior design quality and expert construction. Simply put, we make extraordinary homes for discerning homeowners.
Driven by the belief that no two home buyers are alike, each Flair Builders home is distinctively different, custom by definition and timeless by design. From the floor plan and appliances to the fixtures, technology options and more- our homes are uniquely tailored to the families that inhabit them.
Can we build on our own lot?
If we do not have a lot, can Flair Builders help us find one?
Absolutely. We will be happy to help source the perfect lot for you and make our recommendations of available and appropriate tract.
How do we get started?
During this meeting, the prospective homebuyer’s specific interests, style preferences, vision and lifestyle accommodations will be discussed, along with a budget range and a timeline for completion. We’ll determine factors like desired square footage, as well as how many bedrooms and bathrooms are needed. We will explore your style preferences, whether traditional, classic, contemporary, or something completely different. We will discuss your need to find a lot or the possibilities of using your existing property. This first meeting is a great opportunity to establish a relationship between you, the homebuilder, and our team.
Do you have floor plans that we can choose from?
What factors determine how much our custom home will cost?
The look, production time and cost of a custom home by Flair Builders is completely predicated on what the owner wants. Items such as square footage, selected appliances, amenities, decorative flourishes and more will likely influence the price.
An estimate will be determined after our initial meeting, where we determine what you are looking for, based upon your requests and what you desire.
If you have a budget in mind, we can work around that as well.
What does the final price include?
A Flair Builders custom home includes turnkey design and construction of the new home, from the presentation of the blueprints to the presentation of the keys. Additionally, this includes:
- The review and recommendation of available and appropriate lots, if the home buyer has not already selected one.
- Assistance with the purchase and titling of the property.
- The creation of blueprints, floor plans and lot plans for review and approval by the home buyer.
- The assignment of a Flair Builders team member as the superintendent for the project, including contact information for 24-hour access to them and J. Alan Kent, owner of Flair Builders.
- The presentation of a variety of budget options, based on square footage, selected appliances, amenities and decorative flourishes.
- The sourcing and management of any outside vendors, craftsmen, contractors, service personnel, landscapers, or installation teams needed to ensure the timely and satisfactory completion of the project.
- The procurement of all permits, licenses, environmental clearances, etc. required for the project.
- The ongoing pursuit of excellence, innovation, and stylistic diversification for each Flair Builders home.
Can we use our own architect?
When will we meet with the architect?
What should we bring to our meeting with the architect?
How long does the design process take?
Who will be our contact person for the project?
Can we make changes to the plans?
Will we be able to pick out appliances, counter tops, flooring, etc.?
Build with Us
We build in Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Galveston, Florida, Tennessee, and Colorado